I’m not sure who this was produced for or where this played, but it’s an incredible look forward from the viewpoint of 1987. CompuServe, the online internet provider and one of the earliest in the game, features this look at a world where the availability of information matches society’s hunger for it. The video runs…
1. arizona delay – I encountered a slight wrinkle finishing up arizona, and it will take a bit longer than I was anticipating. The Sketcbook Pro app I use on iPad for the illustrations worked great for planning layouts and initial designs, but it was a little unsatisfactory on the final layouts. I decided that it would be best to re-draw all pages using ink, and am currently doing that! A late book is annoying, but a bad book is bad forever.
2. The Living Seas – epcotexplorer’s got a great writeup on the Living Seas exhibit from EPCOT, which has unfortunately turned into a Little Nemo ride with about 95% less education.
3. Walibi Schtroumpf – I tried to find this place when we visited France a few years ago, but didn’t have much luck. Apparently it’s a Smurf-themed park that’s been through a few different iterations and eventually became stripped of all Smurf-related things. Amazing/Creepy/Amazing!
4. MST3k ornament – we had a holiday tree-trimming party this weekend, and the theme was Mystery Science Theater 3000. I made a Rowsdower ornament!
5. Yama coffee siphon – this bad boy has made the top of my Christmas wish list. This thing looks nuts!