1. Circus Fun – more amazing cereal box art from the 80s. Circus Fun was your standard Lucky Charms ripoff, but it had some great design and a great commercial:
2. Ernie’s Big Mess – this was the book that I learned to read on. Well, I read it with my parents so many times that I probably memorized it, but even then it was the first book that I memorized. Basically, Bert finally gets fed up with Ernie’s messiness and kicks him right out! Homeless Ernie goes from friend to friend to stay the night, but none of those situations work out. Then, Bert has a change of heart and lets Ernie back in the house. It’s not Hemingway, but it’s sweet.
3. Fifteen – this was a Canadian soap opera for teens that is probably best left forgotten. I don’t know what made me think of it this week, but I’m kind of glad I looked it up. The intro music and graphics tell the whole story:
Also, that’s a young Ryan Reynolds!
4. Cat, Fox, Eagle – This has been all over the internet, but I’m posting it again because I love it! This is some Nostradamus-type prophecy being fulfilled right here! The cat and the fox will meet in the north…
5. Earl Scruggs – Rest In Peace, Earl. If you haven’t, do yourself a favor and check out the Flatt and Scruggs show on Netflix. It’s a great slice of Americana .