1. Zack Morris’ Cookie Crisp – Before he was chasing Kelly Kapowski, forming rock bands, inciting and then mending teacher’s strikes, or randomly freezing time, Zack Morris was a child who liked sugary cereal that was awful for you. Here’s Mark-Paul Gosselaar selling the heck out of some Cookie Crisp:
2. Nintendo Fun Club – Before Nintendo Power there was a free Nintendo newsletter available to subscribers, simply called the Nintendo Fun Club. It was basically a pamphlet that featured upcoming games, gave tips, had comics – essentially a much shorter version of what would become Nintendo Power.
It was even promoted in some games!
There were only seven issues of the Fun Club newsletter before Nintendo decided to start making those kids of America start paying up!
3. Barrel Pong – On the heels of Puppy Pong and Doctor Pong from last week, here’s a fantastic ad selling a Pong cabinet for a more meat-and-potatoes kind of guy…
4. Coleco Mini Arcade – Getting pretty game-heavy this week but I saw this ad for Coleco’s mini-arcade systems, which were crude, nearly-unplayable versions of their popular games, and couldn’t resist.
5. Talespin Commercial – Here’s a VERY ’90s local New York station’s commercial for their daily airings of Tale Spin, the awesome Disney cartoon featuring Baloo from The Jungle Book.